2 year course: ‘The science of Life’, March 2024 – December 2025
About the Course
Many things in life we learn by trial and error. Not everything is handed down to us in our upbringing and education. On the contrary. In order to participate in our community, to keep our environment and family ties in balance and to stand up for ourselves in this individualistic society, we learn manners and defence mechanisms that are actually not natural. We survive, but we lose who we are inside and run into the same difficulties again and again.
The life philosophy of Yoga contains all the knowledge and guidelines you wish you would have learned from your childhood. They are the stepping stones that lead you to happiness, health and success. It reconnects us to ourselves.
In this two-year course, you will have classes once a month. This way, you have the opportunity to practise at home, in your own rhythm, and integrate everything you learn into your life. You will personally be guided in a step-by-step growth process. The course is an accredited 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course, which allows you to start as a yoga instructor.
More information including the syllabus can be found on the page The science of life.
– Yoga as it is taught in India;
– With 1 class day a month, freedom to practice in your own pace;
– Actually 200 contact hours;
– Personal guidance;
– All important Asanas, including background information;
– Kriya, Pranayama and Meditation;
– Fundamental principles such as Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, Bhavas and the Four Pillars of Yoga;
– Recognised certificate, RYT 200hrs by the Yoga Alliance.
- Start of the course on March 3, with introduction before the first class;
- First class on Sunday March 31st;
- After that, one class per month on a sunday from 09:30 to 16:30;
- Weekly reflection on your experiences and developments;
- 1 practical day in the 2nd year outside the regular teaching days;
- Last class on Sunday December 7th 2025;
- Closing ceremony on Sunday December 14th 2025.
The training will take place at a central location in Utrecht.
De price for the course is € 3000,- per person. This is including:
– Lessons in all subjects mentioned in the syllabus
– Sattvic vegetarian lunch and drinks
– Practical and theoretical exam
– RYT 200-hour certificate after completion of the course
Please bring your own Yoga mat, new Yoga mats are for sale.
Please share any dietary wishes in advance, a surcharge may apply.
We request a deposit of EUR 750,-. Only after receipt of this payment is the reservation final. The remainder can be paid in terms.
In case of cancellation, the entire amount of the deposit will be refunded up to 2 months in advance. Between 2 months and 1 month in advance half of the down payment will be refunded. After that, there is no right to a refund.
If your course or stay cannot take place due to government measures (eg. negative travel advice), your reservation will be canceled free of charge, any payment will be refunded.
In all the classes you wear loose, non-revealing clothes.
Tight clothes, short tops, shorts, capris, tank tops, low cut and short shirts etc. are not suitable. Instead wear trousers, track pants, sleeved T-shirts, shirts, salwar kameez, kurta, etc.
Qualities of a student
To learn Yoga without hinderances a student’s mental attitude is of importance.
Do not have expectations and be grateful for everything you learn.
While in class, forget what you have learned before. Do not compare with earlier teachings, but listen with an empty mind. Only then can you absorb and understand the teachings.
Follow the instructions of your teachers and keep practicing with determination.
Develop interest in all the subjects by understanding its purpose, do not limit the practice to your likes.
No drugs are allowed at the center.
Please fill in the form below to sign up for this course.